Under the general supervision of the Assistant Athletic Supervisor, assists in the performance of administrative work coordinating athletic recreation programs; assists with after care programming, coordinates summer camp programs, may perform others duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Studies and analyzes recreational needs and resources;
- Introduces new programs, activities, equipment and material to staff;
- Assists supervisor in the coordination of the Summer Camp, after school / kids day off program and intramural sports programs by supervising staff, coordinating activities and programs;
- Assists in the coordination and management of all field house communications and program registration and planning of all field house activities;
- Participates in community meetings and organizational planning; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work weekends and events as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of experience working in a municipal recreation department;
- Or equivalent training, education, and/or experience;
- Obtain First Aid/CPR certification within six months of employment.
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Village policies and procedures;
- Act as a representative of the Village to the public;
- Working knowledge of department practices and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Work requires the physical ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations.; and duties associated with this position require the employee to regularly work outside.
The Village has the right to revise this position description at any time, and does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
SALARY: $19.15 - $22.00/ hour
To apply please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes accepted through August 31, 2023.
Miami Shores Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Drug Free Workplace.