Under the general supervision of the Neighborhood Services Manager performs a variety of technical duties in support of the Village’s local code enforcement program; may perform others duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of field and office duties in the support of the village’s code enforcement program by enforcing compliance with village regulations and ordinances such as land-use, nuisance housing, building codes, health and safety, blight, graffiti, waste water, and other matters of public concern;
- Receives and responds to citizen complaints, and other agencies’ requests regarding code enforcement and zoning matters;
- Conducts field investigations such as property inspections, for violations, issue and post warnings and violation notices, corrective notices, orders to comply, and other related documentation to enforce the village’s code enforcement program;
- Gathers evidence for legal actions initiated by the village, and attends court hearing as required;
- Maintains files and documentation related to investigations, inspections, enforcement actions, and other job-related activities;
- Prepares various written reports as required, patrols assigned areas to identify and evaluate problem areas, and/or ordinance violations;
- Attends meeting to gather and present information, and may assist with in researching, drafting, and revising codes and forms; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or G.E.D;
- One year of experience in municipal code enforcement;
- Or equivalent training, education, and/or experience; and
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Village policies and procedures;
- Act as a representative of the Village to the public;
- Working knowledge of department practices and procedures;
- Effectively and efficiently organize and track department records;
- Knowledgeable in code enforcement practices in the State of Florida;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Work requires the physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations; and duties may require working in adverse weather conditions.
The Village has the right to revise this position description at any time, and does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
SALARY: $19.15 - $22.00/ hour
To apply please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes accepted through September 15, 2023.
Miami Shores Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Drug Free Workplace.