To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
Under the general supervision of the Parks and Recreation Assistant Director, performs custodial and/or maintenance at recreation buildings and facilities; may perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sets up tables and chairs, arranges equipment and rooms for use
- Sweeps, mops and vacuum facilities
- Washes and sanitize toilets, sinks and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Cleans mirrors, windows and doors
- Inspects assigned facilities and equipment regularly regarding condition and safety
- Maintains outer premises; mowing lawn, cleaning entrances and parks
- Removes debris from sidewalk, parking lot, and athletic courts and fields
- Assists with set-up and break-down of special events
- Performs minor and routine maintenance such as painting, plumbing, changing light bulbs, air conditioning filters, and other related maintenance activities;
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Works special events and rentals as needed/scheduled
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One to two years of experience in the care and maintenance of parks and recreational facilities;
- Or equivalent training, education, and/or experience; and
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Village policies and procedures;
- Act as a representative of the Village to the public;
- Knowledgeable in methods, tool and equipment used in custodial work;
- Knowledgeable in the use of paints, stains and adhesives;
- Safely operate small equipment and tools;
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledgeable in the use and storage of hazardous materials;
- Accurately follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Work requires considerable physical effort in the handling of materials up to 80 pounds and/or continual standing or walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Work environment involves risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions typical of such places as garages, and shops, e.g., working around chemicals, equipment, or machinery, etc.; and may require working in adverse weather conditions.
The Village has the right to revise this position description at any time, and does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Submit resume to: email@example.com. Resumes accepted through September 21, 2022.
Miami Shores Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Drug Free Workplace.