|Company Name:||Miami Shores|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Shift:||Various Shift Work|
POLICE OFFICER (CERTIFIED AND NON CERTIFIED) JOB POSTING
Starting Salary $59,044.54 for Certified Officers
Opening Date: December 22, 2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a highly responsible position within the Village of Miami Shores that involves networking with the community and the protection of life and property. This is accomplished through patrol work, criminal investigation, community policing and enforcement of the laws of the State of Florida. Assignments may typically involve routine vehicle patrol, and foot patrol. Officers receive assignments and instructions from police officers of a higher rank and perform work in accordance with Department policies and standard operating procedures.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination process as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran’s preference, candidates MUST attach a copy of their separation papers and the veterans preference claim form to their application.
Miami Shores Village complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Miami Shores Village is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please download the application here. Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com. If you become a candidate for employment through the application process, the original application MUST received for processing.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
POLICE OFFICER CERTIFIED AND NON-CERTIFIED
1. Be a United States citizen at time of application
2. Be at least 19 years of age upon appointment
3. Possess, or be eligible to obtain, a valid Florida driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record
4. Be of good moral character and have never been convicted of the following:
5. Have received an honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States
6. Have graduated from a standard high school or possess an equivalent education
7. Have passed the basic skills tests required by the State of Florida to be employed as a law enforcement officer – Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) or (FBAT) with a passing score, Basic Motor Skills Test (BMST) & Swim Test (For Non-certified officers only)
8. Proof of FDLE Certification and/or Police Officer Certification with training curriculum from a home or state academy (Certified officers only)